hear what silence thinks of you

every climbed step leads down
every survived epiphany crumbles
to its base in time
every emotion turns on its heel
for those who've heard what silence
thinks of them
for those who've dared
its knowledge
no pain is insurmountable

I'm through with the hit or miss logic
where you give yourself
in packaged portions
aiming to fit the slotted
holes in the receiver

you get away from your essence
doing this and dilute the other's
understanding of you

consent is a persuaded lie
compromise has a weak spine
it can't carry the truth

I want to go far
back to the first unlearned impulse
honest emotion
original thought and turn every
emotion since on its head so that
an aesthetic distance is achieved
between thoughts and feelings

the mind governed by the sociological
paradigm is outmoded

in time
every survived epiphany crumbles
to its base

I want to corkscrew reason's lid

this constant recycling of notions
enacted by the shaky bridge between accumulated
experience and societal mandates

this give-and-take friction with life
dancing to norms with the feeble
steps of individuality only takes one so far

the undue power of rituals
corrupts the vital juice
that unearthed us

I want to unspool my life's
fabric to weave myself
again in absent patterns
throwing logic to relief

my discovery began
in silence

having heard what
silence thinks of me
having dared its knowledge
no pain is insurmountable now

Comments