courting judgement

. . .believe in me
my a s s
what gives you the right
to believe in me
so much, huh?
I don't have all the answers

maybe you just happy
you don't have to
put any of this burden
on yo'self,

wait now,
hold on a minute,
quit trippin'
what is giving
me your
everything? huh?
what kind of bullshi8
is that?
don't you know?
don't you know
the responsibility I feel
when you give yo'self
away to me
like that?

this reckless abandon
is not so much a privilege
for me as it's
negligence
on yo' part.

that's right
negligence!

whaadyyyu mean
by that shi8?
what is unconditional
love?
you get that from Donna Summer?

great, here we go
we back to my flaws
my flaws, huh?

you trippin'
you just trippin'
well, by acceptin' my flaws
you accept a lesser
me

if a lesser me
is good enough
that just. . .
then I can just imagine
what you think
of yo'self

it ain't that you
love me so much

how can I say that?
it's painfully obvious
to me babe
I gotta say it
'cos that's how I sees it

it ain't about you
lovin' me so much

it's just that you
hate yo'self
worse. . .

Comments